- Spell words up to and including phase 5 sounds
-Spell all 100 common exception words(tricky words)
-Spell the days of the week
- Name the letters of the alphabet in order
- Know letter names and sounds
-Use the spelling rule for adding -s and -es as the plural for nouns and the thrid person plural for verbs
- Use the prefix -un
-Use -ing, -ed, -er and -est where no change is needed in the spelling of the root words
-Sit correctly at a table, holding a pencil comfortably and correctly
- Begin to form lower case letters in the correct direction, starting and finishing in the right place
- Form capital letters and digits 0-9
- Understand which letters belong to which handwriting families and to practise these
- Write sentences by saying out loud what they are going to write about
-Sequence sentences to form short narratives
- Re-read what they have written to check that it makes sense
- Discuss what they have written with the teacher or other pupils
-Read aloud their writing clearly enough to be heard by their peers and the teacher
- Leave spaces between words
- Join words and clauses using 'and'
- Begin to punctuate sentences using a capital letter and a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark
- Use a capital letter for names of people, places, days of the week and the personal pronoun I
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: