8.11.17 we were very excited in Eco Rangers today because Miss Broad told us that next week the Lord Mayor is coming to host an Eco Rangers meeting with us. As a group we decided on some questions that we would like the Mayor to answer. These are the questions that we decided on.
1. How did you get to school today? Did you walk or come in a car?
2. Can you help us think of a way to stop parents parking outside our school where it is dangerous to park?
3. Why do you support the charities that you support?
4. What ways have you raised money for these charities.
We are all looking forward to having the Mayor come and visit us at school and have decided we will all come dressed in green that day to raise money for the Mayors charities.
27.2.17 At today's meeting we discussed the Big British Spring Clean. We have decided that we should sign up to the scheme and be part of this nationwide litter pick. We will be taking part on Friday 3rd March, each class will go out and pick up, and then bin any rubbish that we find in the school grounds. We talked about why litter picking is important. Here are the reasons we came up with:
1. small animals might get stuck in it.
2. animals might eat it.
3. people might slip on it.
4. it makes the school look messy.
At today's meeting we talked about the benefits of walking to school. We watched a video about this and then discussed the reasons why its so beneficial.
1. it's good exercise
2. it's chatter time (time to talk to our family)
3. it gives us an opportunity to spot things in nature such as birds and squirrels
4. it cuts down on pollution from exhaust fumes
5. it puts us in a great mood for the day and makes our brains work better
we decided to make some posters to put in our classrooms to encourage everyone to walk, park and stride, scoot or walk to school. These will be shared with all classes once they are laminated.
Click here for more information.